Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Third Press Release

I just sent out my third press release, but what is new about this one, is that it is not about an event, so it required a different kind of writing, and even a little bit of research and fact checking. Read it here (top link under "Recent Press Releases"). I gave a presentation at the local Audubon Society chapter meeting last night. I thought it went well and one of CoosWA's board members who happened to be at the meeting even came up to me afterwards and said "Great speech! None of this would be happening without you." I thanked him politely but at the same time thinking "Hahh, what wouldn't be happening? Only 2 people came to my last meeting!" But then, I realized, although the actual engagement of community members part is happening really slowly, I am accomplishing a lot considering that I started from scratch.

So, the next time you are bummed about work or home and are thinking you aren't making a difference... Just remember, none of the good stuff would be happening without you, and concentrate on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment