Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Animals Love Me

And I love them too.

Two weeks ago I had some remarkable experiences with other people’s animal companions that reminded me that animals love me. At one friend’s house I was laying on the couch watching the Golden Girls and eating tortilla chips when her huge dog named “Boo” climbed up on the couch. Now, you may be thinking what I was thinking at the time, this dog just wants my tortilla chips. But, no, Boo laid down full length next to me on the couch and rested his head on my shoulder.

Later that night I was laying on a different friend’s couch trying to go to sleep when their dog “Collie Dog” decided to demand an ear rub by sticking her head in my face and whacking my hand around with her wet nose every time I tried to stop rubbing her ears. Finally we both got to sleep, but what did I find when I was woken up by the bright mountain dawn at 5 am but “Christmas Kittie” tightly curled in front of me taking up the rest of the couch.

My brother sent me one of those annoying chain e-mails a couple of weeks ago. I know, I know, but I decided to scroll through the funny pictures of animals. But then I came across a really sad picture (see right).

The person watching these two come together must have been bawling their eyes out by the end. I can only hope that the photographer found homes for the two lonely sweetie pies but I feel more than sadness when I look at this photo. I feel hope that you’re never alone as long as you have one friend, no matter how different you may seem to the rest of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment