Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I'm really excited for this weekend. For my first adventure into south-central Oregon I am going to be camping and white water rafting on the Rogue River with a bunch of friends. Plus, our campground has a disc golf course so I just went to the disc golf store and got a driver (actually it's called a #2 roller and it is tie-dye orange) and a putter (it's blue). I had no idea there were so many different kinds of discs for disc golf! I got a disc golf disc when I was 12 for a girl scout event but promptly made the mistake of giving it to the dog.

More about rafting: we are doing a self-guided adventure down 13.6 miles of "some whitewater" and "mostly whitewater" from Hog's Creek to Graves Creek along the Rogue River. I hope those creek names don't actually have anything to do with what you see there.

I'm guessing I'm going to be like the person in the front left of this picture I found: having a great time but not really knowing what to do (or as Gomer Pyle would say with a slight southern twang "Sick as a dog, but havin' the time of my life"):


No comments:

Post a Comment