Monday, June 1, 2009

My First TV Appearance

This is a funny story. So, I had less than a week to prepare for an interview with the local TV station about the hazardous waste collection event last weekend. I took the reporter out to a local landowner’s property where expired, illegal, and unneeded hazardous chemicals filled the tractor shed and greenhouse. When I met the reporter at the TV station, she didn’t bring a video crew with her so I was thinking “Yes! She isn’t going to actually video tape me.” But then we get to the site and she pulls out a camera, tripod, and microphone (“Oh no! Where are my notes?”).


Later that day she posted the story on the website but there was no video with it, so I’m thinking, “Gahh, I must have been that bad on camera that she didn’t post a video at all. Oh well, that’s a relief…” But then I heard from a lady at The Nut Farmer stand at the mall (where I was hosting an awareness campaign last weekend) that CoosWA was on the news the previous evening. So I zoom over to the KCBY website and sure enough, they did make a video! But hey, I look pretty good.

The full article is here. Click on the video icon under the photo to watch the video in a separate window.

No comments:

Post a Comment