Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My November 3rd

Last night, I (as the effective face of the Friends of the Coos Watershed group) hosted a permitting workshop that brought together seven federal, state, and tribal agencies to discuss their permitting processes and the importance of permitting programs to protect the natural resources of this unique part of Oregon. The event was a great success (35 people filled the room) but not without some goofy mishaps on my part.

Firstly, I forgot my grocery shopping list, so I was wandering around Grocery Outlet chanting “chips… salsa… bread… cheese… veggies… juice…” and probably getting some weird looks. Then, even though I got to the meeting place 40 minutes early, people started pouring in before I could set up the tables, food, projector, and get the coffee made. Needless to say, I ruined the first batch of decaf coffee by (1) not knowing how to make coffee because I don’t drink it myself and (2) not reading the directions that were right in front of me. Later, I was notified that I had made a typo in someone’s phone number on the agenda, but not before I had scattered all 51 plastic spoons, knives, and forks out of a bag that exploded in my face when I tried to retrieve one spoon. Then, after all that, only seven people filled out my evaluation.

So, that was my November 3rd. How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment