Monday, February 23, 2009

If you don't like the weather... wait a minute...

it will change.

This statement could not have been more correct today. At 9 am it was cold, dark, rainy, even hailing and at 1 pm it was sunny, warm, dry, and I was driving with the windows down. This is one quirk of coastal Oregon that I have begun to notice. Another true statement most of the time would be... If you don't like the weather... drive a mile... it will change. I have heard stories of people driving home from a sunny work site up in the hills to a foggy cold lowlands Coos Bay. Some days it is completely different weather between my house up on a cliff and my office less than a mile away on the marina. Several days earlier this month I would scrape ice off of my windshield up on the cliff, drive down into town, and then wonder why none of the other cars had ice on them.

Another true statment... If you don't like the door knob on the post office door... come back tomorrow... it will change. Haha. Seriously, for three days in a row last week I went to the post office and each day there was a different door knob on the door. I just had to laugh (and share).

Now, I am heading home to make a 17-bean and barley soup (from scratch! -- well Trader Joes collected and dried the 17 beans and barley for me...). Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment