Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Top Reasons to Go Home for Your Birthday

Mom and Marty… my mom and I had a full week of collaging, watching Mad Men and Dog the Bounty Hunter, swimming, antique flea market shopping, and shopping in general. Marty hung out with us when he could, but he is not a big fan of collaging or Dog the Bounty Hunter, I don't know why…

The Sistas… Let the photos explain this one…




Barney (the dog) …So what if I spent most of the week calling him “Monster Booger” or “Schmooger,” he’s still the bestest doggie in the whole wide world (well, most of the time…)

Fleamarkets and thrift stores… My mom and I spent a lot of time scrounging antique flea markets and thrift stores for vintage clothes, pictures, knick knacks, and more. I found an awesome white with black polka dots vintage dress and some people’s birthday presents that I can’t disclose publicly.

Collaging … My mom and I spent several hours collaging at an art co-op booth at the Fremont Solstice Festival in Seattle earlier in the summer. Now she has got us both hooked on the free form craft where “don't throw that away! everything can be recycled!”

Mad Men… My mom also got me and Nicole hooked on the AMC series Mad Men about sleazy advertising executives on Madison Avenue in the early 1960s.

Bowling … Despite my tragically embarrassing score (I have my list of excuses ready if you would like to see them), North Bowl is an awesome place. Too bad the second floor lounges were closed for renovations. I really wanted to see their Barcelona chairs and couch. All the more of many reasons to go back to Northern Liberties.

No comments:

Post a Comment